Cough (Kasa in Ayurveda) and cold (Prathishyaya in Ayurveda) are common ailments encountered by the human body. Cough and cold can transpire due to change in the weather, viral infection, seasonal allergies, exposure to dust, pollen and smoke. While a cough is a reflex of the body when some alien substance drains down the back of the throat, cold happens when the membranes of the upper respiratory tract get inflamed and congested. Cough and cold lead to sneezing, running nose, headache, sore throat, chest or nasal congestion and body pain.
Cough and cold are hence viral infections that are easily transmitted. A bout of either can also result in a mild fever. For decades and many generations, people have been relying on traditional quick fixes from the Ayurvedic sciences to clear the breathing passage and fight cold and cough. One important aspect of fighting ‘kasa’ and ‘prathishyaya’ is to flush out the toxins by drinking enough hot water or herbal teas.
Kasu – Saharogya Tea for Cough-n-Cold is a blend of handpicked herbs – Dasamoola, Pippali, Black Pepper, Ginger and Vasa. Each herb works wonders in boosting immunity and have a calming effect on the respiratory tract. With a regular intake of the tea, you’ll be relieved of sore throat, nasal and chest congestion. Suppressing cough, it also helps in removing any mucus from the throat and expelling phlegm.
Dasamoola – A multi-ingredient traditional Ayurvedic formulation, it is effective in treating persistent cough, breathing disorders, fever and other respiratory tract diseases.
Pippali – This time-tested herb treats common respiratory woes - reduces inflammation, clears any mucus and nasal congestion, cures common cold, cough, bronchitis and asthma.
Black Pepper – The commonly used wonder ingredient is enriched with Vitamin C and is a powerful antioxidant and antibiotic. It helps in augmenting immunity, alleviates chest and nasal congestion and suppresses cough.
Ginger – Referred to as the universal medicine, ginger cures chest and nasal congestion, fight lung infections, soothe the nerves and assist in easy breathing.
Vasa – This traditional herb has anti-inflammatory properties. The leaves, flowers and roots of the plant are used in treating cough, clear any mucus from the airway and soothe the throat.
- Safe and natural concoction for flu
- Aids in decongestion and digestion
- Augments immunity
- Provides a sustained relies
- Soothes the respiratory system
Directions to Use
Boil one tablespoon of ‘Kasu’ in 150ml of water for 10 minutes. Strain and consume hot. Add a natural sweetener if desired. For best results, drink the Saharaogya Tea for Cough-n-Cold three times a day.The tea cannot cure the condition but regular usage can reduce the symptoms and risks.
Other Ayurvedic Guidelines for Managing Cough and Cold
- Inhale steam.
- Gargle with warm water 2-3 times a day.
- Massage with garlic oil on the back, scalp and soles.
Shipping & Refunds
1) Deliveries are made between 11am to 6pm. ( Monday to Friday)
2) Deliveries are done by our third party delivery partner. We will ensure all items are packed properly and with utmost care. We are not responsible for any damages once the product leaves our premises.
3) If you receive an incorrect or damaged product, please let us know immediately, so we can take the necessary steps & provide a resolution.
4) If you face any issues with your order, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with all the necessary information and pictures.
5) Orders are confirmed upon full payment only.
6) Orders once placed cannot be modified or cancelled.
- Orders are typically processed within 1-3 business days after payment confirmation.
- Please note that processing times may be slightly extended during peak seasons or holidays.
- Shipping rates are calculated at checkout based on your location and the selected shipping method.
- We may offer free shipping promotions from time to time. Keep an eye out for these special offers!
- We offer several shipping options to choose from during checkout, including standard, expedited, and express delivery.
- Delivery times and services vary depending on your location and the shipping method chosen.