Cholesterol is a waxy substance found in the blood which is responsible for protecting nerves and producing certain hormones. It acts as a lubricating agent supports the body’s channels in carrying nutrients to the cells and waste from the cells. Hence, moderate cholesterol levels are essential for the healthy functioning of the body while inordinate levels can have a detrimental impact.
Cholesterol is transported in the body by lipoproteins which can be of low and high density. LDL (low-density lipoprotein) is considered the bad cholesterol while HDL (high-density lipoprotein) is considered the good cholesterol. While HDL helps to remove excess cholesterol from the blood and carries it to the liver where it is reduced and flushed out of the body, high levels of LDL can slowly build in the arteries, resulting in narrowing which increases the risk of coronary heart diseases. High cholesterol means an increase of lipids (fats) in the blood and decrease in metabolism, causing lethargy, excess sleep, uncontrolled perspiration, a foul body odour, loss of libido and lack of stamina. If not controlled in time, high cholesterol can lead to hypertension, diabetes, heart problems, joint disorders and obesity.
As per the Ayurvedic perspective of treatment, cholesterol needs not to be reduced but balanced. Herbal medicines such as Guggulu, Licorice, Coriander, Arjuna, Methi among others can help control the cholesterol levels in the body. Saharogya Tea for Cholesterol – ‘Medohara’ is a potent combination of such Ayurvedic herbs that increase fat metabolism and decrease the levels of LDL. The herbs used are natural cardioprotective and antioxidants that help in maintaining a healthy heart, detoxification of the body and renormalizing the imbalanced lipid profiles.
Guggulu – This popular herb helps in regulating high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It helps in detoxification and increases fat metabolism.
Licorice – The roots of the plant are used as a medicine to control the cholesterol build up in the arteries and regulate blood pressure.
Coriander – With its therapeutic values, coriander seeds support digestion, reduce bloating helps in detoxification and balance the blood sugar levels.
Arjuna – The herb has an anti-inflammatory, hypotensive, antioxidant and gastro-productive effect. It protects the heart from the adverse effects of high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Methi – A prized ingredient, methi or fenugreek aid in lowering cholesterol production and blood sugar levels. It aids digestion, soothes the intestines and relieves from heartburn and acid reflux.
- Eliminates fats and reduces cholesterol levels
- Stimulates metabolism
- Reduces the risks of cardiovascular ailments
- Renormalizing the imbalanced lipid profiles
- Deep cleanses the body and purifies the blood
Directions to Use
Boil one tablespoon of ‘Medohara’ in 150ml of water for 10 minutes. Strain and consume hot. Add a natural sweetener if desired. For best results, drink the Saharaogya Tea for Cholesterol three times a day.The tea cannot cure the condition but regular usage can reduce the symptoms and risks.
Other Ayurvedic Guidelines to Control Cholesterol
- Use ghee or olive oil in cooking.
- Include fibre-rich foods and nuts in your diet.
- Exercise and consider laughter therapy.
Shipping & Refunds
1) Deliveries are made between 11am to 6pm. ( Monday to Friday)
2) Deliveries are done by our third party delivery partner. We will ensure all items are packed properly and with utmost care. We are not responsible for any damages once the product leaves our premises.
3) If you receive an incorrect or damaged product, please let us know immediately, so we can take the necessary steps & provide a resolution.
4) If you face any issues with your order, please mail us at email@example.com, with all the necessary information and pictures.
5) Orders are confirmed upon full payment only.
6) Orders once placed cannot be modified or cancelled.
- Orders are typically processed within 1-3 business days after payment confirmation.
- Please note that processing times may be slightly extended during peak seasons or holidays.
- Shipping rates are calculated at checkout based on your location and the selected shipping method.
- We may offer free shipping promotions from time to time. Keep an eye out for these special offers!
- We offer several shipping options to choose from during checkout, including standard, expedited, and express delivery.
- Delivery times and services vary depending on your location and the shipping method chosen.